We spent almost a month and a half in Bali, Left 3 times and came back in 3 months. Are we in love with this island? I don’t know, maybe! But the main reason we kept coming back is that our flight to Darwin, Australia is from Denpasar, Bali.
We discovered some amazing places in Bali, here is our list of the top 5 things to do or to see in Bali:
1. Temples Sightseeing
Temples in Bali are everywhere. We visited few of them and here are our recommendations:
- Tanah Lot temple: The main Temple is on the water. It has around 4 different temples, all of which are amazingly beautiful. You can discover, explore and even relax in its gardens. It is a great place to take pictures. (West Bali)
Click here, to read our article about Tan
- Tirta Empul temple: This temple has a source of holy water for Hindu and Balinese people. They come to this temple to purify themselves. (North Ubud)
- Amed is the place to go for a discovery dive. If you are a beginner, the USS Liberty Wreck Spot is going to blow your mind. It is an easy dive, no current, and beautiful fish and corals. Click here, to read our article about Amed.
- Nusa Pénida is an island just off the South East coast of Bali (30 min Fast Boat). If you are looking for Manta Rays or Mola Mola, dive here! The Mola Mola season is around September, but we warn you, the water is freezing! Also, Nusa Pénida has beautiful dive spots in the north where the water is warmer and you can see small things such as; Orang Outan Shrimps, nudy branch and much more…
3. Spa Bliss
Relaxing and yet full of activities, Ubud has the biggest concentration of Spas in Bali. There is a spa every 20 meters however, the quality is not always there.
Note that Bali has relaxing massages but it is not the ones you get in Thailand. Choose your spa carefully.
4. Adventure activities
Looking for some adventure but you aren’t very sporty or an avid hiker?
The mount Batur trek is the one for you! It is an easy 2 hours trek to the top of the volcano (1700 m) and the view is just breath taking. The trek starts around 4am as the sunset is at 6am.
Click here, to read our Article about Mont Batur trecking and tips.
After the trek, enjoy and relax in the hot springs. There are abundant all around the Kintamani area but we would recommend, without hesitation, the Toya Devasya Hot Spring. An infinity pool overlooking Batur Lake and the mountains is perfectly designed to fit with the decor. It is a wonderful place to relax in style.
5. Eating and Nightlife
Going out in Bali is an easy task with tons of restaurants, bars and clubs all around the island. Here are our recommendations:
- El Kabron: A Spanish restaurant on the top of a cliff between Jimbaran and Uluwatu with an infinity pool. The food (Tapas) is really tasty. It’s the ideal place to spend the afternoon and enjoy the sunset. Entrance fees 50 000RP and a minimum spending 300000RP.
- La Plancha: A beachfront chill out on Seminyak beach with colorful bean bags and umbrellas. Grilled food, great music, and beautiful sunsets are available. Grab a bean bag and relax! Prices are affordable.
- Nusa Dua: Restaurant known for the best traditional french brunch on the island. It has a huge variety of food including; steak, seafood and a grill section. It’s the ideal place for Saturday/Sunday Brunch. After brunch, you can enjoy their pool. The price is 500000RP(30€/350Dhs).
- Rent a motorbike to discover the real Bali. Beyond the touristic areas you can find some amazing villages and places that are still untouched by tourism. Renting a bike is also a great and cheap way to discover and feel free.
- Check out thebalibible.com for more informations and tips about Bali.
- If you are planning to take a taxi, download the Uber App. It is CHEAPER.
JerryPeps by AGBackpackers.com